Tuesday 15 August 2017

Review: WarDance

WarDance WarDance by Elizabeth Vaughan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was like a tide of an ocean. It started to rise and it reached higher than any of the Elizabeth's books but it fell down. It fell down very hard.

The climax of every book is very important and I know that the author understands that but it was still not good enough. It fell short on many areas. For all the hype they created in the beginning, the end of the book didn't do any justice.

I liked that this book was told from multiple perspectives which in itself is something new that the author have been trying for in her last few books and I think she achieved the perfect grace in this particular book. The book was a page Turner and went great until we reached the final day of challenges.

I didn't like the way that the relationship of Simus and the warrior priest was handled. Him suddenly realising he loves her was just too much. We didn't even had one scene in where they actually felt something for one another. The author who is known for her romance books didn't do any justice to this pair. It was like one day I wake up and discover oh that is someone I can't live without. When he never did even have one romantic conversation with her ever.

Huge disappointment but I rating it 4 because of the good multiple POV which the author has finally found after trying in her last books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment